Sunday, July 09, 2006

My kingdom for a breast.

Had a great day today at the Medieval fair, kids had a ball, they did archery, and had a fencing lesson. I bought myself a really pretty pendant.

Took my own lunch, and ate it. Was VERY tempted by the Bratwurst sausages, and the proffjertes, and the corn on a cob. Not to mention the Hot chocolate... hmmmmm. But I didn't have any.

Unfortunately, despite it being the dead middle of winter, it was about 30C today, and hot as hell in the sun. I didn't take a hat (being the middle of winter) But took water, bought more, and drank 2 cans of Sprite Zero. Still ended up with heat stroke.

Luckilly I'd had the foresight to organise the kids dinner tonght last night. So I just had to put it into the oven when we got home and they were right.

My dinner was another matter. I miscalculated the number of meals I'd need and ended up tonight with no appropriate meat. And I was starving. AND I had a splitting headache (still have). So I defrosted a pack of chicken out of the freezer. Thigh meat. There was no beef or chicken breast in the freezer and it was too late for the shops, and my headache precluded shopping anyway. So, thigh it was. (albeit trimmed to within an inch of it's life, so NO visable fat on it).

In addition to that, since I'd been walking around ALL day, and having been seriously hungry since about 3.30pm (it was 6pm for dinner) even after eating a crispbread, I weighed out my veggies. Couldn't stand the sight of lettuce, baby spinach or cabbage AGAIN. All I wanted was grilled mushroom and grilled squash. When I weighed my veg, it allowed me 2 mushrooms and half a squash. I broke. I ate an additional half a squash.

Do I feel guilty? Yeah, a little, but, since my normal headache remedy is a mars bar and a big bag of potato chips, I don't think the Squash half will be my downfall....

I have to go for my weigh in tomorrow arvo. Am a little freaked that I can't make it in the morning, but, then, I think that if I'm worrying about how much less I'd weigh at 9am than at 3pm I need to see a psych, not a dietgal.

Will check in tomorrow with the news. Good, bad, or ugly.

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2014 7:13 am, Blogger Daisy said...

You are so entertaining! I love your writing :) Especially the psych bit. I found your blog from he Cohen weight loss website. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home