Thursday, June 29, 2006

Time is of the essence

Did you ever wonder why when you're young a year is FOREVER, but when you're old(er) time seems to fly past?

I did, but, it occurred to me that the time we feel passing is a function of how long we've been here.

When you're 5 years old, a year is 20% of your life. So it feels long.

When you're 20 years old, a year is 5% of your life. Feels shorter.

When you're 50 years old, a year is 2% of your life. Flying past now.

See? The older we get, the shorter, percentage wise, a year actually is. That's why it all seems to fly past.

I was thinking, to lose 85kg, it's anticipated it'll take around 9 months. I'm 37. I have to 'give up' 9 months of eating without planning in order to gain another 45 years. Fair trade, I reckon. Also, 9 months is approximately 2% of my life so far. I figure that's worth it.

2 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 8:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 37?

 
At 6/29/2006 8:56 pm, Blogger asy said...

yup.

Why? do I look older???

asy :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home