Monday, July 03, 2006

Licking the yoghurt top

This morning, while weighing out my 175g of Yoghurt, I tore the lid off it and immediately brought it up to my lips. JUST before I licked it (as you do) I thought, um, This hasn't been WEIGHED! It went into the bin, yoghurt and all.

It set me to thinking:

Just how much DO we eat Incidentally?

If we're allowed 100g Yoghurt and there's 10g on the lid, that's 10% more than we should have had.

Now, mightn't seem much, but, if this pervades to all aspects of our lives, then, soon we find ourselves consuming 10% more of everything. You know the little snip of meat that fell off in the pan, gets nibbled, the extra bit of pie, no point putting that in the fridge, the cheese on the knife, well, there's not MUCH there, Is there?

That 10% of food becomes 10% of us. Then it compounds. So, if we start at 75kg, and add 7.5%, that's 82.5kg. Then we keep eating this way, and it adds another 8.25%, that's 90.75kg, then we add another 10%, that's 99.825kg, and so it grows.

See? I'm fairly sure I do now. Will make it easier not to lick the Yoghurt tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home