Saturday, July 01, 2006

Let's get this party started

Well, Sue dropped the plan in this arvo, and helped me measure myself.

I've put the initial figures into the spreadsheet, and am really looking forward to watching them drop.

Tonight I had my first Cohen Dinner. I had bought Snapper at the market this morning, so Fish it was. I was allowed 120g Fish and 100g Veg. I had Wombok, onion, tomato, cucumber and mushrooms chopped up in a salad, with 110g cooked fish on top (It's really difficult to pre-measure 120g fish, when you're baking a whole fish!). I drizzled some Balsamic Vinegar over it (which I don't really like, but it's better than nothing). It was VERY filling. I'm happy.

I'm not yet sure whether I've started officially or not, as I haven't got all the 'stuff' yet. Still need to go and get low fat yoghurt, crisp breads and the appropriate cheeses. I think I might go shopping tomorrow.

I can still have crispbread and fruit tonight, so just before 9pm I'll have supper and that'll be it for the night.

I was dissappointed today to discover that I can't have any of my flavoured teas, but I'll live, Sue is going to email me a list of all the tea brands and what I can and can't have.

It'll be a week or two before I can come to grips totally with what's allowed and what's not, so it's a good thing I like my consultant !!!

Must remember to ask about the eggs. It says "Unless specified one egg per day is allowed" but there's only one 'egg' meal and it's a variant with the Yoghurt. So, does this mean one egg is allowed in addition to all the other stuff (like a fruit) or what???

Tweaking required, but it'll be fine. Here's to the first day of the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home