Friday, November 03, 2006

The cleanup.

Wow, two posts today!

I decided that since I didn't fit any of my clothes any more I best get them out of my room.

In my room, I have a really lovely chest of drawers, and two open hanging racks, no wardrobe.

Now, about 5 months ago, just before I went on this programme, I decided that I had too many clothes for my chest of drawers, so I bought a mass of BIG tubs to keep my clothes in. I sorted my clothes into the tubs, and labelled them: Shorts, Long pants, t-shirts, Long sleeved tops, Dresses/nighties and odds and ends.

I've lived around these boxes, not really using anything in them and not being able to GET to anything behind them (the hanging racks) for the last 5 months. It's got so bad that I only had a tiny track around the side of them to get into my bed. It was driving me nuts.

I decided to flylady my room.

I started yesterday, and am about 80% through now (I'm taking a break!).

I started by emptying all the tubs onto the bed. Then I emptied out the drawers onto the bed, as the drawers were full of stuff I never wore... Which I never took out in case I wanted it, but was stopping me putting the stuff that was in the tubs into the drawers. Anyway, it was ALL emptied out onto the bed.

Then I started going through it all, I put anything that no longer fits (clothes from size 22 to 30) folded into tubs newly marked "eBay", then I put anything that still fit or that will fit and can be used to paint in soon, into the drawers. And there's HEAPS of room left over.

The only clothes still in a tub are my T-Shirts, which still sorta fit, (well, they're all too big and hangey-downey, but they'll do till they fall off). I now have three tubs of ebayable stuff, not including my suits. Some larger gals will have a bonanza soon.

It's funny, as I folded my clothes, I felt a tinge of sadness, because I just love the colours and fabrics of my shirts. My mum made almost all of the clothes there, so they were tailored and fit perfectly, she even adapted patterns to my arm size. But as I put them into the sale tubs I felt a mixture of loss and exhillaration. I had to try a few things on as they went in. One shirt a friend gave me for my birthday 5 years ago still hanging up with the tags attached, it's the most gorgeous purple with silver thread through it, and 3/4 sleeves, but it never fit in the arms. The body would have just fit, but never the arms. Well, it fit today. Well, the arms fit today, the rest of it was far too large. :D

I've cleaned out my hanging racks, and one's gone. The other one's going to have to hold my clothes until I move. still, at least I will be able to HANG things, there's space and I can get to them! I also have a WHOLE box of coathangers now!!!

I have to take one pair of shorts in to Sue at the Cohens Clinic. She wants a pair of shorts from before I started the diet, to hang on her wall, then she'll add a pair in the size I finish in to the wall too! I think it's pretty cool. Scary but cool.

Can't wait to see what that size will be. I sure hope it's 14 or less :D

I still have to go through another couple of piles of clothes, which I'll do shortly, and have to sort some linen which was sitting in the bottom of the hanging rack.

I have another couple of boxes of linen to go through, and will do that next week. Lifeline may just be a winner there!

1 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 10:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi asy, It's Beck here from the Cohens thread. I love reading your blog and relate to most of what you say. Cleaning out your wardrobe is one of the best things I did, and I think one of the main reasons that when I did start to regain weight I didn't let it get too out of hand. I don't have anything to wear, and I promised myself that I will never again buy any new clothes because I have gained weight. I was down to one pair of trousers that still fit me and so the determination kicked in and got me moving again.
Thanks for that link to Flylady. I have never heard of it before and I'm addicted!!
Beck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home