Monday, October 23, 2006

Humanity doing the unhuman

The other week I heard about something called Fried Coke.

Aparrently they mix Coca-Cola with a batter, like Doughnut batter, and fry it.

Coz there weren't enough foods in this world to give you a heart attack.

They serve this deep fried coke with cola flavoured syrup, whipped cream and jam. Holy crap. Do they have medics standing by? Does it come with an Ambulance subscription?

Oh, and today, I heard they make DEEP FRIED PIZZA in Scotland (and almost certainly in USA, but I heard about Scotland). You can have it with a desert of a Deep Fried Mars Bar.

These things just make me shiver. Hell, they made me shiver before I found the light (Cohens). I'd seen the MArs Bar one on a Fish & Chip shop board, and actually asked whether it was an euphemism for something else (like scallops = potato cakes). I was reliably informed that no, this was, in fact, a proprietary Mars Bar, batterred and deep fried in hot oil.

Coz aparrently the mars bar wasn't fatty enough.

Ya gotta ask, why in hell do we do this to ourselves.

What makes us say "Hey, what other foods can we invent to kill ourselves faster"?

I love "Fast foods". I love hamburgers, but only the F&C shop or Cafe variety, I haven't eaten McD's since 1985, when I was in year 11 at school and went with a group of friends. It had no appeal to me then, and I've not been back. I believe I may have the only 10 and 12yo's living in a western society (and without any religeous beliefs) that have never eaten McD's.

But Deep Fried Pizza and Coke, with a chaser of Deep Fried Mars Bars?

What next? No, really, WHAT NEXT?

The whole time I've been typing this, I've been thinking, what is something MORE ridiculous than the above that we could possibly Deep Fry.

I can't think of anything.

Let me know if you can.

1 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 11:48 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Coke donuts, battered mars bars, fried pizza. These are newsworthy because that all make us dry reach, and offer as extreme examples and thus some kind of simple media explaination of why we are all (as a group) getting fatter.

However as a fellow Cohen diet follower, it is now plain to me that the reasons are far more mundane. Toast and/or cereals for breakfast, big coffee latte's, pasta for lunch and rice dishes for dinner, all could be concidered healthy eating (except for the lattes). Brown bread toast, cereals with fruit; "summer vegetable" pasta (avocardo, zuchinni, tomato, egg plan), grilled fish vegetables with rice dinners, nothing wrong with eating these foods...except of course over the years I got really fat eating "healthyish foods", but I have to admit to having big or second servings of them and as you say you are hungry for them!!!

It is clear to me that I got fat eating too much starches, not too much fat, fried food or anything like that. In fact I think I would have been better not having pasta for lunch and eating fried pizza once a week (except for the fact I would vomit afterwards).


I have two daughter, both were thin, now my elder daughter is putting on weight whilst the younger one remains lean. I now see that whilst he elder one eats healther foods, see has the same hunger driven over consumption of starches problem as I have/had.

Cheers "lessfatty"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home