Sunday, October 22, 2006

O'reilleys

Had a FANTASTIC day today, went to a place called O'Reillys . We went on the Rainforest Canopy walk, and had a ball.

I did two things today that I would NOT have been able to do three months ago. I climbed INSIDE a Strangler Fig tree (They have a strangler fig, where the host tree has decomposed, and it's a big long channel inside, just magic), and I climbed up a really tall ladder, up the side of a HUGE tree, off the top of the Canopy Walk, to see the fantastic view.

Unfortunately I only got to "level 2" not the top level, as I went up there with my daughter, and she got scared, so we had to come back down. The tree WAS swaying a little...

Three months ago, there's NO way I could have climbed the ladder. I wouldn't have had the stamina, and I wouldn't have fit into the safety cage. Today, it was no problem!

The kids had a ball feeding the birds. I took lots of photos!

Oh, and, something terrifying happened this morning. I sat down to eat my breakfast and discovered my ring was missing! It's been getting loose for a while, but it was actually GONE! I quickly retraced my steps for the morning, and stripped my bed, moved it and checked under the bed, checked in the bathroom, then remembered I'd put a load of laundry on, so I stopped the machine (no easy feat on a front loader) and pulled sodding wet towels out to see if the ring was in there with them, but alas no. Checked the kitchen, no luck. Turned the couch over, nothing. I sat down in dispair, and looked down. There was my ring, down my BRA!!!

No idea how it got down my bra, but I suspect it fell off in the night.

I may have to take it off soon. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home