Sunday, July 23, 2006

What a day!

Well, had a great day today. All over the place, but not too shabby!

Had to sit an exam this morning, which was not as difficult as I expected, and was over in half the allotted time, so I hope I passed (won't know for 2 months!).

Got home, and was looking forward to a quiet day recovering from the exam and associated study, when my partner announced that he wanted to go away for the evening to look at a farm. I had a headache, and the thought of 3 hours in the car was nearly sending me spare. Then he said his brother would go if I didn't want to, so I jumped sideways FAST! Would have been nice, but I just didn't want to do the drive. I think I'm getting a cold.

So, instead, I went out with his cousin, my friend Mark.

Mark and I went to a Latin Dancing lesson. Those of you who know me may stop laughing now. Thank you. We had a ball! I've never done Latin Dancing before, but definately have the bug now, we're going again next Saturday, and we'll take the girl child, she'll love it!

After that he'd been invited to a Trivia night, so I tagged along! Had a ball there too! I love trivia nights, but never get the chance to go due to kid-stuff.

THEN! After all that, Mark and I came back to my place, as I had friends coming over for a card night. We played for a couple of hours, I have no idea who won, and don't think anyone cares. We play 500. I was happy coz I had a Lay Down Misare, and won the hand, which is always good!

I am really happy I can still walk after the Latin Dancing. My hips are sore, but they'll be fine in a couple of days. The food was interesting, as we just went out in the arvo and since I had a Fish dinner tonight, I just took a can of salmon with me. We ate at Mark's parent's place, so I raided Auntie Helen's Fridge for lettuce and a couple of slices of Tomato, and a few slices of Cucumber. I couldn't weigh it, because there were no scales there, but three thin slices of tomato, about 8 thin slices of cucumber and 3 lettuce leaves couldn't weigh THAT much! It definately wasn't overboard.

The funniest thing all day was, At the Latin Dancing, there were door prize tickets given out. The first drawn was Mark's, so he won a box of chocolates. Then he threw his ticket into the pot by means of getting rid of it. Then he drew out a lady's ticket who didn't want the prize, so the facilitator drew out another ticket. It was MARK's again!!! They laughed and drew yet ANOTHER ticket. Believe it or not, it was MINE! Another box of Chocolates!

Then, at the Trivia night, The prize was a box of Chocolates. Our table won it. The other end of the table opened it straight away and shared it out, but I didn't have any. Then a little later yet another pack of Chocolates was won by our table!!! By this time no-one was really interested in them, so I took them home.

One box from the dancing was given to Mark's mum. One box has been put into my cupboard to give to my mum when she turns up in a couple of weeks, and the bag of kit-kat's will go into my kids' lunches this week. So all's good.

It was a GREAT Day! Thanks Mark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home