Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The helpers.

Know the thing I'm MOST dreading on this programme?

It's not the restriction in food

It's not the cravings for stuff

It's not even eating different foods while others are eating goodies.

Can you guess?

It's the doo-gooders.

The people who *think* they are helping by asking "should you be eating that"?

But then they aren't so bad... Mostly they're being nice, and can easilly be put off, it's the ones who say "You can have some of this! Go on, it won't hurt you"!

Maybe I'm pre-empting this, and I shouldn't be. Maybe I'm just stressing for nothing.

I know it's happened before, and with these things you have to be wary of the thin edge of the wedge.

I really AM looking forward to it.

I was talking to a wise sage friend of mine, Ruby, she said the most gelling thing... She said "You HAVE to lose weight. You Can't stay this size, it's unhealthy, and you don't want to drop dead and let your Ex have the kids. Do you?".

Puts it into perspective.

I can put aside 6 months, and 'just do it', or I can risk not being in my childrens lives. A Dr Phil quote: "You're not going to be the only influence in your children's lives, so you'd better be the BEST one."

Must admit, though, my Ex has calmed down a LOT now he's met his soon-to-be wife. She's lovely, and I'm really thankful for her. She's calmed him down, and she loves my kids, and they love her. What more could a mother want in a stepmother for her children? (Just they best not start calling her 'mum'!) Seriously, though, she's really nice, and the kids are really excited about the wedding in a couple of weeks. :D

Still, I'd like to be here, if it's OK with everyone!!!

1 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 2:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it - having lost weight my self I can tell you to filter out the naysayers - and also the advice givers. Do your own research and stick to it.

Each person has to find their way of losing weight - and what works for me probably doesn't for you.

My method is excercise - like mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding - etc.

Most importantly, don't let anything become an excuse to quit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home