Monday, June 26, 2006

addiction.

Hi, My name's asy, and I'm a food addict.

I heard something the other week, and I've been pondering it since.

It's got to do with addiction.

I'm still not 100% sure whether eating is an addiction or a compulsion, and even then I'm not sure it would make a difference.

The question was asked: If an alcoholic was forced, in order to survive, to have 3 drinks a day, just three, no more (everything in moderation, you know) how well would they do?

That's what this feels like. It would be so much easier if we could just say No, I'm not eating ANYTHING, ever again.

At least I think it would.

I mean, you know, you have to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not too much, not the wrong things, not drink too much with them, not go overboard, not eat between meals, etc.

I never really 'understood' addiction, till I realised I had one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home