Monday, June 26, 2006

The why's and wherefore's.

Today I'm thinking about why.

Why should I lose weight.

What a pain in the arse being on a 'diet' is going to be (based on past experience).

I thought I'd make a list. You know the one. Where you write down why you should do something on one side of the page, and why you shouldn't on the other and weigh up the pro's and con's.

I don't know that these lists 'work', because of weighting. No pun intended. Some things are just more important than others.

Here's my list: (so far).

PROS: *Why I SHOULD lose weight*
Because I'll be healthier.
Because I'll fit into chairs with arms.
Because I'll be able to buy clothes that look like they aren't meant to be hanging off the side of a van.
Because I'll fit into plane seats, and won't have to have an air hostie bring me a belt extension.
Because then I can go gliding with Greg (Brotherinlaw).
Because then I can go to the park with my kids.
Because then I can walk more than 100m without stopping.
Because my doctor will stop having a heart attack when she sees me.
Because I won't want to fall asleep at 3pm every day from lack of energy.
Because then my kids won't be embarrassed by me (They never SAY they are, but...)
Because my mum won't be embarrassd by me (She never SAYS she is, but...)
Because I won't be embarrassed by me (I say I'm not, but...)

CONS *Why I SHOULDN'T lose weight*
um.

Oh wait, I thought of one.

I'm bloody lazy.

that's about it.

Sorry. That's really about it. Can't think of any others.

I was going to be intellectual and write about how people shouldn't be shallow, they should take everyone as they come, I'm a good person, why should people judge me on my arse size? It takes a few minutes to come to terms with the fact that I don't give a shit what people think. I really don't. I have to do this for.. (wait for it) ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home