Sunday, June 25, 2006

The been and gone.

The phrase "Round and round the Marleberry bush" comes to mind whenever someone mentions the word 'diet'.

I've been overweight "forever".

I don't know why. Well, no, I DO know WHY, coz I eat too much of the wrong things, but, I don't know "WHY" I do what I do. No self-psycho-analysis required. Thanks.

I remember being in high school, and my parents telling me I was overweight and if I hit a certain 'weight goal' I'd get a certain 'cash goal'. I tried. Then I bought chocolate bikkies with my pocket money.

Looking at the photos of me when I was in high school, I was gorgeous (if I do say so myself!). I weighed just over 80kg. But at 6ft, that wasn't bad at all.

Anyway, without going too far back (and falling asleep on the psycho-couch) It's time to move on.

In my early 20's I tried Jenny Craig. It was a disaster. I couldn't STAND the sludge they dished up and called food. I sure hope the quality has changed in the 15 years since then!

I've tried 'DIY' diets, bullemia, Atkins, all sorts of things. Atkins sorta worked, but I found it totally unsustainable. The one thing that did make me lose 30kg was divorce, but I've found them again (they were under the couch!). I don't want to go down that road again.

Will take a week or so more to 'investigate' the options.

Goal is, by next Sunday (July 2nd) I'll be on track to a new healthy me.

Maybe the 4th July will be my independence day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home