Monday, September 11, 2006

boys in cars.

Had a good weekend, spent it with my mum and kids, near the beach.

It was great fun, the kids love the surf, and we all had a ball.

My bathers actually fit, without having to shoe-horn myself into them, and I wasn't worried that I'd split a seam ;)

Mum, her friend and I were in the spa today and my kids were in the pool next to the spa. Her friend was telling us how hard she found it to try to lose weight before coming on holidays. She'd tried to lose 2 pounds, but just couldn't. Then she asked me how much weight I'd lost. I said "just under 70 pounds". She congratulated me and proceeded to give me diet advice.

Now, don't get me wrong. Her heart was in the right place, and she's a lovely person. But excuse me for finding it funny.

On the way back to my mum's apartment from the friend's apartment (who's pool we were in), a far drove past and a guy leaned right out the window and yelled "BOOTY BABY" right at us!

I'm not sure which one of us he was yelling at, but, I hope it wasn't my kids, and he was looking straight at me. I'm not sure I understood what he was yelling. It was perplexing. I'm not sure if I should take it as a compliment or an insult!

I am sure he's an idiot.

The weekend was good food-wise.

We went to a fantastic Fish and Chip shop on Friday night, it smelled so good. We went to a park on the foreshore and sat there with some friends of mine we'd met, and had the F&C. I had corned beef and salad. It was good too. I had a smell of my daughter's fish, gee it was nice. Smelled sweet and fresh. Mum was her usual self, "The fish is SO GOOD, why don't you TRY SOME".

She keeps telling me to "Try this" or "try that", "Just a little bit", "Don't eat it all"... etc...

She's so sweet it's hard to be cranky at her. My daughter answers her best with a "Gosh, grandma, you KNOW mum can't eat that!" and rolls her eyes.

She's cool.

I just smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home