Sunday, June 25, 2006

The time has come...



The time has come, the walrus said...

It just gets scary when you realise you are BIGGER than the walrus.

Does this mean what you say has more weight? (no pun intended)

Seriously, though, the time HAS come to do something about my weight.

All 'normal' people have been there. Some time or other we've all looked down and thought 'hell, how did THAT extra bit of me get there?'. Haven't we? Is it just me??

I'm now in the throes of wondering. What do I do? I need something that's not expensive (coz I'm broke) and also something that works. A couple of friends (Pete, Deb and Kristine) have recently done the 'Cohen programme' ( website here ) and have done exceptionally, at least as well as the 'examples' in the site.

It's comforting to know that someone I KNOW has done it and won. Well, at least to me it is. And Pete's being really cool and telling me more about the programme than the website does.

I'm now looking for evidence of someone who's done the programme and been 'small' for a while. I'd like evidence of a year or two.

Now, don't misunderstand, I know that just because someone ELSE has or hasn't succeeded or kept the weight off, doesn't necessarilly predict MY future, but hey, it's all research.

According to the cohen programme, well, the website at least, I "Should be" 71-74kg. Now, I'm currently around 166kg. So, 74kg seems ridiculous. Let's call it 80kg. :D

Anyway, that gives me a loss target of 86kg. So, if achieved I'll have lost more than HALF my bodyweight.

I'm hoping this fixes some of the 'little health issues' I currently have. Including the VERY recently diagnosed high blood pressure (160/95).

Anyway, here's a kiche little 'ticker' so you can see where I'm at. I won't do these all the time, coz I think they are a little silly, but, here it is anyway:

asy.

Gotta get to the pointy end of the pencil:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home